Some of their economic positions as committee members at NBER are highlighted in this Bloomberg article and summarized below:
- In April 2010, issued a statement that it was too soon to conclude the end of the recession that began December 2007 (read: a recovery has yet to occur)
- This weekend in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, stated there is between 5% and 33% chance of a double dip recession (question: doesn’t a double dip recession necessitate an end of the first recession and a subsequent recovery?)
- Forecasts 2011 second quarter GDP growth of 1.1% (question: what is their forecast of third quarter and fourth quarter 2010 GDP growth?)
——————————————————- Further resources:
● “Laurie R. Santos, Yale Psychology Faculty.” Yale University. July 2010. Web. https://www.yale.edu/psychology/FacInfo/Santos.html.
● Laurie Santos: A Monkey Economy as Irrational as Ours | Video on TED.com. TED: Ideas worth Spreading. July 2010. Web. https://www.ted.com/talks/laurie_santos.html.
● Markey, Sean. “Monkey Research: Monkeys Show Sense of Justice.” National Geographic News, 17 Sept. 2003. Web. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/09/0917_030917_monkeyfairness.html.